Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Story of my life

I believe that everyday we write our own story.  The narrative often looks unclear in the monotony of day to day life.  It's easy to lose sight of the bigger picture, but decisions add up and the plot takes shape over time.  The decisions we make are balanced by the twists and turns of chance.  The way we respond to these challenges says more about us than the plans that we've laid for ourselves.  It's funny how some of the people that you thought would always be there slowly fade into the background, or how a minor character introduced in the early chapters can resurface as a major player a decade later.  Just when I thought I'd figured out my path, a plot twist changed everything.  I call him Carter and I am thankful for him everyday.  He has brought me to a wonderful new home and we have been blessed to meet incredible people along the way.  He has created a tender place in my heart and refreshed my spirit.  He has brought new joy to my marriage as I watch my wonderful husband take on the role of Daddy.  My life is nothing like I had envisioned; it is immeasurably more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment